The Blankenbaker Way

Hi friends,

Lindsey here. Thought I would jump in to give you some back story on the Three Amigos- aka Anne, Ellen and Dee Dee.


(Mom, Anne, Ellen and Grandmother)

The Blankenbaker girls come from a special creative background. For their parents 50th wedding anniversary they planned an event that honored the history of their parents by serving food at themed tables like "the 19th hole" and had each family member dressed up as a piece of their past (if memory serves, mom was a catholic school girl and I was a bridesmaid from either Anne or Ellen's wedding.... I wish I had pictures).

So when I called mom the other day and she mentioned the Ellen "the nurse on duty," I thought that was just a term of endearment.  Then Travis sent me this:


(Sorry for the bad iPhone photos- my reporter on the ground (Travis) isn't overly concerned about photo quality.)

If you can get past the blurry photo and zoom in on the badge, it says "Nurse on Duty Ellen." I have to imagine there is one for Anne, too. Never miss a moment to be creative, those Blankenbaker girls. Because why just be the nurse on duty when you can make a badge to label yourself as such?

And here is another grainy pic of movie day yesterday.


I think Anne and Ellen are making recovery as much fun as it possibly could be. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wish I were a fly on the wall in the Fincher household! Or better yet back up for the nursing crew! Sure would love to see all of you! Brings me back to childhood days spent at the Blankenbaker home!
    What an amazing picture of 4 exceptional women!!! I'm thinking this was taken at Lindsey's wedding?! Lindsey thank you so much for the pics and the updates! God be with each of you! Dee Dee hang in there and know you have a cheering squad when you need a little boost! You all are an inspiration to the rest of us. You know how to make laughter and good times in the midst of a difficult time. That is a rare thing! Love you all, Trish

    ReplyDelete

About Me

DISCLAIMER