I am still here, but the good news is I am progressing along on the road to recovery -the bad news is it is kicking my butt!!!
Thank all of you so much for the prayers, cards, funny thoughts, text messages. They do go a long way to helping make a person feel better.
Surgery was the best result possible (thank you prayer warriors) At the end of the 7 hr surgery the medical team could not see any tumor :). It was stage 3 ovarian cancer. After spending one hour "peeling" cancer off my diaphragm my spleen was not looking so good, so that had to go. Then all the reproductive organs made their exit, then they went to the colon. Part of the colon was looking sticky, so they decided to cut out half my colon and reconnect it. Oh, then there was an inadvertent "hole" made in the bladder. I will be sporting some fancy leg jewelry for the next week while that heels. And with all that I have the prettiest 30" vertical incision ever seen. (Travis says the incision is more like 18", but I think my tall tale has more WOW!)
My goals today are to eat something (nothing taste or sounds good) and get up and walk. Two simple things that will take a lot of determination on my part.
My sisters arrive tonight. I think I might need a woman's touch once I am home, which I expect will be Sunday. I am afraid Bruce might have me up doing yard work next week (just kidding )
Thank you again for everything. It has meant so much to all of us. You are all so very special.
Dee Dee
You are amazing! We will keep the cards, laughter, joy and prayers coming! Love you! Dorothy
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to find a note from you Dee Dee! I can see that you still have your sense of humor and I pray that it will help carry you through the days of recovery ahead. How wonderful that Ellen and Ann will be there for you!!! Please give them my love. You are in my prayers continually. God bless each of you!!! Love, Trish
ReplyDeleteDee Dee you have been in our prayers including our church. So glad your sisters will be there for you. I know you are a tough broad and you can get through this. Call me if you just want to talk. Love you sweet lady! Susan
ReplyDeleteWe at the Noon house are so glad to hear that the surgery was a success and you are well on the road to recovery. You and your entire family have been and still are in our thoughts and prayers. It'll be a marathon but you seem to have amazing strength and support with lots of family, prayers, close friends and positive thoughts. I look forward to reading about more good things! XO, Dian Noon
ReplyDelete