Yep, if I have learned one thing in this past month, I have learned that things can change on a dime and when we least expect it.
Get ready! Get set! Chemo starts tomorrow!!!
I got a call today from Dr Bevers (Ellen was so impressed that he called) and said that they could not get me scheduled on Thursday or Friday for chemo at the MDAnderson west. My options were the main campus or to put it off till next week. Within 10 minutes, he was calling me back to say that we could schedule it for tomorrow. I jumped at that. Guess I was more ready to get it started than I had realized. We meet with him again, got all the consents signed, met the rest of his west/Katy team and took a tour of the cozy chemo rooms. Ellen and I spent the last hour "packing a bag" and thinking about my/our sack lunch for tomorrow. Honestly, it is like getting ready for a school day!
I had planned on spending the day talking with others about their chemo and how it affected them. That did not happen. God had other plans. I love it when He is in control. Thank you God for all the blessings of these last several weeks. For the people you have put in my path who have made this journey easier for me and my family. For all those who have prayed for me/us, who have enveloped me/us with love, support and words of encouragement. Thank you God for being the One in control.
Wonder what His plan is for tomorrow. Stay tuned.
0 comments:
Post a Comment