From the Nurse's Station. Thursday

Anne on duty......well as Dee Dee told you,   she slept great and woke up thinking about food.   It wasn't Taco Bell, which is usually the ultimate marker for recovery, but still.   On her walk-about, she took a minute to open the blinds and straighten a pillow.   Can the windex and a rag be far behind?  She just insisted that Ellen and I leave the house for a bit and she napped in our absence.   Right now she is working on a project with Ellen while letting her hair color marinate.   Yes, she is having a beauty treatment.

She has become quite fond of movie time so that is on the schedule for later.  I can tell by her voice and her energy level that she is feeling more herself.   I know she worries that she isn't 100 percent starting chemo but on the other hand she is anxious to get on with it.   Luckily she has an excellent doctor and she has complete confidence in him.

Now I will share something I asked Dee Dee and which at least some of you probably wonder about. . . And that is "what things did people do or say that were meaningful to her?"   She said she, too, had always felt inadequate about addressing someone with cancer, but for her, just receiving cards or even texts from people expressing that they were thinking of her were so meaningful.  So keep those thoughts and prayers coming.

Must go.....time to rinse!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates and information, Anne. So very happy that Dee Dee is improving - know you and Ellen are the medicine she needs!! Love you all.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

About Me

DISCLAIMER