The title of this post should be…
Oh No!!! Say it Ain’t So!!!!!!
or
Second Verse, Same as the First
or
Round Two

Ok, all three are good!
Yes, it is back!!! The cancer has reared it's ugly head once more.

I was surprised.  I thought I had beaten this damn disease.  Even though the odds were aagainst me, I thought I was going to beat it.  So now I am on the second verse in this battle.  And I pray the second verse is as successful as the first time. I will have surgery to remove the mass in my pelvis on January 11th. Dr. Bevers has referred to this reoccurrence as the beginning of a "chronic" problem, Meaning it will not go away, but there are treatment choices...mainly chemo. I am praying that the next reoccurrence will be years down the road. In the meantime, I am on to round two!

So Prayer warriors, I need you.
Please pray that the surgery is successful and without complications.  Pray that I will recover quickly and will be  able to start chemo with 2-3 weeks. Please pray that I will respond to the chemo with maximum results and minimum side effects...just like last time.

In the meantime, I am choosing JOY.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will  for you me in Christ Jesus."

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you me with all joy and peace as I you trust in him so that I you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

I know God is in control. I know this is His plan for me. But I will admit that I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this latest development. I ask God to give me peace.

I will keep you posted on any new developments, but in the meantime, I wish you joy and peace as we start this new year. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Damn that cancer Dee Dee but yes, God is in control and will watch over you during this next round. You are one of the toughest and strongest women I know so again, I know you will beat this. On a lighter note, if you got rid of your wig I still have mine if you'd like to be a blonde :) thank you for keeping everyone up to date, it means so much for those of us who can't be near to visit and help out. Love and big hugs, Gayle and Carl ��������

    ReplyDelete

About Me

DISCLAIMER