- That I am supposed to petition God for the things I want and need. ("Do not worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done." Philippians 4:6)
- There is power in many people praying together. ("Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree on anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my father in Heaven." Matthew 18:19)
- God will use my prayers to emotionally involve me in the needs of others, and I can learn more about myself and God while in prayer for others.
Thus, the idea for the Prayer Project was born-- to harness the power of all of us praying together for both the HOPE line and the REALITY line, and be able to chronicle the impact that is having on mom's cancer journey. Here's how the Prayer Project will work:
Step 1: Go to this website and sign up for days to pray. The dates start next Monday, January 11th (the date of surgery) and go through the end of May. I will adjust the end dates once we know how long chemo will be- so check back!
Step 2: Email me at prayfordeedee @gmail .com each time that you pray. You can just tell me that you prayed that day, or you can give me any level of detail about WHAT you prayed that day. As much as you are comfortable with.
Other things to know
- Please sign up for more than one day! You can sign up randomly, or on any sort of schedule that works for you.
- The website will email you prior to any day you sign up, so don't worry about picking days far into the future.
- I put 5 spots for each day to spread the love, but if you want to pray on a day where all 5 spots are taken, please feel free and just skip to Step 2.
- Please forward this link/email to anyone else who may be interested- I know this blog only goes so far.
We will probably never know why God allowed this cancer in mom's life (again!), but I hope and pray this project will give us a little glimpse into the way God is using this for our good and growth.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for indulging me in supporting my mom in the very best way I know how.
Love,
Lindsey
PS- As I have written these posts, I have gotten absolutely snarled in the amount of information that is out there about prayer. I've had to boil down big theology and big concepts into something that is readable. Some of you reading this post are probably Christian but still confused about how prayer works (honestly, that is probably all of us to some extent!). Some of you may not identify as Christian, but want to know more. I definitely don't know all the answers, but if you have any questions and want to talk more, please feel free to reach out at the address above.
0 comments:
Post a Comment