Round Two

cue the theme music from the movie Rocky

I am packing up my teal colored boxing gloves, and getting ready to start Round Two of chemotherapy tomorrow (Friday) morning.  I am to report to Katy Regional Care Center at 9 am...and I expect that if all the paperwork is in order, the infusion should start around 9:30-9:45. I will be anxious, as I did react to Taxol during my first encounter with the drug...so there is a chance that it might happen again. So prayer warriors, please pray for God's protection for me against any adverse reactions to this drug. 
 
The plan is to have three treatments, three weeks apart, and then we will access if the drugs are being successful in decreasing the tumor. If yes, we will do three more treatments, if not, then there will be some tweaking of the drugs. ...One step at a time...  We have every reason to believe that I should respond favorably to these drugs, so I am finding joy in that and expecting the best.

While I was on my two week cruise (that sounds so much better than admitting that the recovery kicked my butt!) I did a lot of soul searching. I still hold on to the fact that I know this is God's plan for me...there is a purpose in all of this...I want to glorify Him through it all...and I put my faith in Him. I just need to take one step at a time. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" Ephesians 3:20-21

Thank you for all your prayers (both those sent to the prayer project and those said on my behalf to the Almighty) and cards and kind and caring thoughts. 1Corinthians 10:13b says "God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." My way out is definately my faith and my family and friends. Y'all are the best!

I'll keep you posted on my progress tomorrow and the decisions I will be faced with in the future...like what color of hair should I pick once I have to go back to wearing a wig?

Here is hoping I do not turn a lovely shade of red tomorrow morning!

Love you all,
Dee Dee

 

1 comment:

  1. Dee Dee ,
    I am praying for you. We know how you are feeling exactly. Praying this morning that Taxol will have only positive effects. So sorry you are going through this again. We can all only take one day at a time and trust God going forward.
    Love to you and Bruce. Louise Hundahl

    ReplyDelete

About Me

DISCLAIMER