Baby report (no, not me silly!) & Surgery update

Baby report first...
Many of you know that Travis and his wife Lyndsay are expecting the birth of their son very soon. Actually,we have been anticipating his arrival since Christmas. In spite of being head first, then breech and now head first again, he apparently has decided that he is quite comfortable and is happy where he is. In other words, we are like every other expectant family and we are waiting. I will update y'all here whenever he arrives. 

Surgery report...
Tomorrow I return to MDAnderson to have a port put back into my chest for future chemotherapy treatments. 
On Monday, I will report early for an expected 9:30 surgery to remove the "pelvic implant". There are a lot of "ifs" with this surgery. 
Dr. Bevers will start with a laproscope meaning a smaller, less invasive surgery. If thru the scope, he sees more than one implant (we used to call them tumors), he will withdraw the scope and not proceed further as he does not believe it would be to my advantage. I would go home the next day,and we would start chemo. 
However, he only sees ONE implant on the PET scan, and assuming that is indeed what they find, the issue now becomes what it is attached to. This will determine what is done. If it is attached to the bowel, he will not proceed further, I will go home the next day and head to chemo. If they can remove the implant without resecting the small bowel, they will open up my belly and go to work...kicking this cancer...of maybe knifing is a better word. Anyway, that would be the most ideal outcome for me and would require a 3-5 day hospitalization. 
So many variables. 
But I am sure God has his hand on all those variables. I am filled with joy and at peace with this decision. I am going to fight!!!!!!
So prayer warriors, I ask again that you pray for the healthy delivery of baby Fincher without complications for baby or mom. 
And that you pray for an uncomplicated port placement tomorrow and a successful surgery on Monday without complications and with a rapid recovery. Because, I can't wait to start chemo! :)
Love you all. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER