Plans....

Hi friends,

Jeremiah 29:11 is a great scripture...filled with hope and promises..."For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." What a wonderful promise from God...one I have carried close to my heart especially during these last 5 1/2 years. I know that my hope and my future is with Him in Heaven.

Remember that in the beginning of this journey, God told me that this cancer was His plan for me-that He wanted this for me and that became the "wind in my sails" - His plan, His purpose, His timing.

I have reached the hard part of this journey where nothing can be done to give me more time. His plan, His purpose, His timing. So I am peacefully awaiting this new chapter and I will continue to be filled with joy and peace and thankfulness.

My body continues to slow down (I know...you thought I was slow before.) I now have a completely obstructed bowel, which is not painful now but does produce some powerful nausea.  As I have moved to the Palliative Care Unit here at MDA, these new group of doctors are working with me in the hopes we will find the right mix of drugs to make me comfortable.

Once I am discharged from here, I will be going home under Hospice care. I am not sure what that will look like (As I write this I have so many questions.) For the time being when you see me, you will think I look perfectly healthy - OK, maybe a bit to skinny. Part of what keeps me "healthy looking" is having contact with all of you. I hope that any of you who would wish to visit, would just text or call ahead and see how I am feeling at that time.  

Love,
Dee Dee

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dee Dee for sharing this post, this week we have been enlightened by your insights on twhat perseverance really means. You continue to plant seeds for The Kingdom, Thank you! We continue to keep you in our prayers - Love you Sister!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

DISCLAIMER