Things just keep getting better and better!

Oh happy day!
The results of my CT scan showed...NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE! God is so good to me!!! He has taken care of this recurrent disease, and although Dr. Bevers' expertise says the probability of it staying gone is remote, I believe God has taken care of it and that this cancer will be a part of my history and not my future.

The plan was always for me to have six chemo treatments, and I will continue with the remaining three treatments. And more evidence of answered prayer...I got clearance for chemo for Monday! Yea chemo!!! The neulasta shot which was to help my white blood cells multiply did the job...they were normal! (Yep, more confirmation that I am normal.) In my initial encounter with chemo, the neulasta shot helped my WBCs from falling dangerously low...but they were always below normal. Thank you prayer warriors for your prayers. The neulasta shot was so effective, I will not need the shot following this chemo treatment!

And another miracle...I have stayed on my chemo schedule. So far we have not once had to postpone for any reason...that is amazing. Another prayer answered.

This chemo WILL be the same drugs as before, that means I will be given the Carboplatin that I reacted to for the last two times. So please pray that I DO NOT react to the drug.

Can you tell that I am hopeful and full of joy! I am!!! Most of it is because I am so aware of God and His touch on my life. And part of it is because Bruce and I are in Austin getting lots of love from Drew & Ellie and Lindsey & Rob. We travel home tonight because I am to report to MD Anderson Mays Clinic for chemo tomorrow at 7:30am. I expect to be there all day and have packed my chemo bag with lots of reading material but no knitting :)
   
I have another prayer request. Thursday morning, April 7th at 11am, daughter Lindsey is having Lasik surgery. Please pray that God would be with the doctors using that laser and that the cuts will be accurate and will be 100% successful without any complications. Thanks in advance.


-----  Now from Lindsey ------

1. Prayer Project- I just handed Dee Dee the first book full of the prayers from surgery day until now. Sort of cool that book ended on the day her scans showed there was no evidence of disease.  Friends, your prayers played such a huge part in that.  Please continue to pray for mom as she completes these last rounds of chemo, especially that these rounds get EVERYTHING in her body so this disease doesn't have the option to come back. :)  Send any prayers you want recorded to prayfordeedee@gmail.com

2. Sprint for Life- Thanks to all who are joining us, we are looking forward to the event!  Right now Team BELIEVE is the top fundraising team.  While all donations to MD Anderson help the fight, these donations (and donations from the Robert's event) go right to ovarian cancer research, making them particularly impactful to us.  If you want to sign up to run, walk, see this post for details.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER