I know I have been quiet lately, but honestly there is not much to report! No news really is good news! I continue to feel great...even better as I approach the fifth chemo infusion. I saw the good Dr. on Friday, and all my lab was great, really GREAT! The CA125 continues downward which excites all of us. It is now 9.8, down from 13.2 on 3/30 and my white count is as good as a regular person...hey, that must mean I AM a regular person. There is only one way to explain all this good news, and that is God's healing hand and all you fabulous prayer warriors who have lifted me up to the Lord in your prayers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Once again on this beautiful Sunday morning, I heard a message from the pulpit that was as if God was speaking directly to me. This morning, Gregg Matte spoke about the need for preparation in our life. Looking back, I see so many way that I was "prepared" for the diagnosis of cancer. On the physical side, I was in Houston, where we have the best cancer care. I had good medical insurance (what a blessing!). I was in "good" health, my body was in top form to fight cancer. On the spiritual side, I had studied God's word and His promises and knew without a doubt that He loved me and that I was His child. Bruce and I have many wonderful friends who love God and trust Him and they have strengthened and encouraged us in our walk with God. And daily we are reminded of His promises for us as we spend time alone with Him. I know that God is at work behind the scenes...that He is at work at MDAnderson and in the chemo infusion room and guiding my medical care. I know that His hand is doing something for me/us in a great fashion. I don't now what is ahead for me but I do know that God is at work in my life and that His will be done! And with that I have much JOY. I see His hand and His power and I know that He placed me exactly where I am. Events have come and will continue to come in my life. And I will continue to trust Him. I believe that He is at work in all of this. God has prepared me for all of this...what was in the past and what will be in the future. Awesone!
TEAM BELIEVE is one mighty team! At last count, there were 68 members of TEAM BELIEVE and many of those are repeats from the Dee Dee/ Wonder Woman team of 2014. So, we will have a great reunion!!!
I will not be able to pick up the race packets and deliver them to you before the race. The packet pick up times are below. Packets can also be picked up the morning of the race.
Packet Pick-up/In-Person Registration
Free parking
will be available in the 1MC Parking Garage, 7007 Bertner Ave., Houston,
TX 77030. Please follow parking signs and race marshal instructions.
Parking is also available in other TMC garages or lots at standard
hourly rates.
TEAM BELIEVE T-shirts:
Some of you ordered a TEAM BELIEVE t-shirt through CustomInk. The organizer of TEAM BELIEVE will try to get those to me prior to the race, and I in turn will try to get those delivered to you. However, if that does not work out, I will have them for you the morning of the race. Everyone who signed up to run/walk in the race will have a Sprint for Life T-shirt included with their race packet.
We will be gathering in Teal Town. Look for the TEAM BELIEVE sign and table. After the race, we will have "snacks"' and Mimosa's! After all, we are the group who knows how to party. As you can see from the schedule, there is Food and Fun in the post race party area (this might be Teal Town). I encourage everyone to walk around and enjoy those eats and displays.
I hope everyone is as excited about this run/walk as my 5 year old grandson. He cannot wait to run the Sprouts Race! Oh, to be a child!
Thanks again for all the love and support. I could not do this without each of you.
I am racing on to chemo #5 tomorrow morning at 7:30 at the main campus of MDAnderson. Once again I am on schedule...no delays due to uncooperating blood counts! That could only be by God's protection.
Chemo #6 is scheduled for Monday, May 16th. And that will be the end of it!!!!! For good!!!!
Love you all...
Once again on this beautiful Sunday morning, I heard a message from the pulpit that was as if God was speaking directly to me. This morning, Gregg Matte spoke about the need for preparation in our life. Looking back, I see so many way that I was "prepared" for the diagnosis of cancer. On the physical side, I was in Houston, where we have the best cancer care. I had good medical insurance (what a blessing!). I was in "good" health, my body was in top form to fight cancer. On the spiritual side, I had studied God's word and His promises and knew without a doubt that He loved me and that I was His child. Bruce and I have many wonderful friends who love God and trust Him and they have strengthened and encouraged us in our walk with God. And daily we are reminded of His promises for us as we spend time alone with Him. I know that God is at work behind the scenes...that He is at work at MDAnderson and in the chemo infusion room and guiding my medical care. I know that His hand is doing something for me/us in a great fashion. I don't now what is ahead for me but I do know that God is at work in my life and that His will be done! And with that I have much JOY. I see His hand and His power and I know that He placed me exactly where I am. Events have come and will continue to come in my life. And I will continue to trust Him. I believe that He is at work in all of this. God has prepared me for all of this...what was in the past and what will be in the future. Awesone!
TEAM BELIEVE is one mighty team! At last count, there were 68 members of TEAM BELIEVE and many of those are repeats from the Dee Dee/ Wonder Woman team of 2014. So, we will have a great reunion!!!
I will not be able to pick up the race packets and deliver them to you before the race. The packet pick up times are below. Packets can also be picked up the morning of the race.
Packet Pick-up/In-Person Registration
| Saturday, April 30, 2016 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Luke’s Locker, Houston River Oaks Shopping Center 1953 West Gray |
| Tuesday, May 3, 2016 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | MD Anderson campus Mays Clinic/CPB Hub, Floor 2, 1220 Holcombe Blvd. |
| Thursday, May 5, 2016 | 12 p.m.-7 p.m. | Luke’s Locker, Houston River Oaks Shopping Center 1953 West Gray |
| Friday, May 6, 2016 | 12 p.m.-7 p.m. | Luke’s Locker, Houston River Oaks Shopping Center 1953 West Gray |
Race Day Schedule
| 6 a.m. | Boutique opens for business |
| 6-7:25 a.m | Late registration |
| 6:30-9 a.m. | Group and corporate team photos |
| 7 a.m. | Survivors Tent and Lounge Opens Kids Zone opens |
| 7:30 a.m. | 5k Run/Walk Begins |
| 7:45 a.m. | Food and Fun in the Post Race Party area |
| 8:30 a.m.-9:15 a.m. | Presentations and awards |
| 8:45 a.m. | Survivor Group Photo at Post-Race Party Stage |
| 9:20 a.m. | Sprouts Pep Rally, Tot Trot and Sprint for Sprouts races, Kids Zone closes |
| 9:45 a.m. | Boutique closes, event concludes |
TEAM BELIEVE T-shirts:
Some of you ordered a TEAM BELIEVE t-shirt through CustomInk. The organizer of TEAM BELIEVE will try to get those to me prior to the race, and I in turn will try to get those delivered to you. However, if that does not work out, I will have them for you the morning of the race. Everyone who signed up to run/walk in the race will have a Sprint for Life T-shirt included with their race packet.
We will be gathering in Teal Town. Look for the TEAM BELIEVE sign and table. After the race, we will have "snacks"' and Mimosa's! After all, we are the group who knows how to party. As you can see from the schedule, there is Food and Fun in the post race party area (this might be Teal Town). I encourage everyone to walk around and enjoy those eats and displays.
I hope everyone is as excited about this run/walk as my 5 year old grandson. He cannot wait to run the Sprouts Race! Oh, to be a child!
Thanks again for all the love and support. I could not do this without each of you.
I am racing on to chemo #5 tomorrow morning at 7:30 at the main campus of MDAnderson. Once again I am on schedule...no delays due to uncooperating blood counts! That could only be by God's protection.
Chemo #6 is scheduled for Monday, May 16th. And that will be the end of it!!!!! For good!!!!
Love you all...
0 comments:
Post a Comment