Sprint for Life



We had a beautiful weekend, and I think it's safe to say that so much life can be found in community. Thank you- every one of you- who supported my crazy "let's run a race!" idea by joining the team, making a donation (that we didn't even ask for!), sending items for the cape, or just sending notes of support and good wishes. The day was a smashing success.







It was an early (and cold) morning, but we still had about 30 runners/walkers/support team join us in the medical center. We may not have been the largest team, or won the award for most spirit (next year: boas), but I am fairly confident we were the only group offering mimosas when you crossed the finish line!  We also had an amazing spread of muffins, sausage balls, scones, monkey bread and breakfast cookies. All significantly tastier than the banana the race was offering!



Mom walked about 2.5 miles of the race (yet again proving that she really is a wonder).  I started to get concerned that she hadn't gotten back to the party after an hour, but I was informed that she had perched herself on a corner near the finish line and was greeting all her friends and family as they walked by. Naturally.




What a (very early) morning!!  Thanks for being part of it!


Note- if anyone has any more pictures, please email them to me at czarlindsey at gmail dot com.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER