My doctor visit this morning was going great till he got my blood work results. My white blood cell count is low - low enough that chemotherapy is cancelled for tomorrow. :( These results have caused Dr. Bevers to rethink the dose dense ( weekly) chemo for me and now we are changing the chemo schedule to be once every three weeks. The important thing is to have the chemo on schedule and not to have delays and since I am having to delay so early in the treatment plan, it is very likely it would continue to happen if we tried to proceed with the weekly schedule. So, every three weeks it is! That means I only have 5 more treatments instead of 14! I am disappointed because the theory behind dose dense is that it would give me an advantage, and I definitely wanted every advantage, but it is not to be.
So prayer warriors I have a prayer request. Once every three weeks means I will be getting a stronger dose of the Taxol...the drug that I reacted to during my first chemo. Please pray that God would protect me from any adverse reaction to the Taxol for the remainder of my chemotherapy and that my white counts will increase enough next week so that I can stay on schedule. And that He will keep me healthy during these upcoming weeks.
Thanks for your prayers and support. Dee Dee
Sorry to hear they had to cancel and change your treatments, I know that feeling as I had the same happen to me after first month...had to skip a treatment and then spent Thanksgiving weekend in the hospital because white and red cells dropped so low. Are they using anything to boost white cells?
ReplyDeletePrayers are non-stop for your acceptance of the drugs that WILL make this better! Hugs to you all, Gayle
Well that is a bummer...I am praying for a sweet touch from Jesus that gives you a renewed sense of His Presence in all of this. What a blessing that you have caring friends like Gayle that have gone this road before you and get exactly what you are gong through! You are always on my heart and in my prayers. Love, Trish
ReplyDelete