Last we talked about me and the big C, I was glorifying God and how He had opened and closed doors to make a lot of things happen in a very short time. And then He said “wait”. And we did. I thought we were waiting cuz we did not have all the results needed to make the best surgical decision. And a big part of that was needing more time off the study drug and Dr Bevers scheduled vacation. Wait till July1. I could do that.
Easier said than done!
By last Monday afternoon, I was having a great deal of abdominal pain. Being the eternal optimist, I expected it to improve by Tuesday....OK Wednesday....maybe Thursday? Nope, it wasn’t going away and so Bruce and I headed to MDA Emergency. Where it was confirmed I had good reason for the pain, a blocked bowel. Which could no longer wait. So, I guess we weren’t waiting for Dr Bevers.
I was an “add in” to the surgery schedule for Friday meaning they would fit me in where they could, when someone was available. I don’t mind telling you I felt pretty alone at that point not having a familiar medical face around me. But I knew God was with me and I still knew He was in control. He had said wait and I knew He would know when to stop waiting.
A doctor who I had met earlier came into my room around noon on Friday and told me, Bruce, Lindsey, Lyndsay and Travis that another of Dr Bevers associates was available then to do the surgery if I wanted. (was this what we’ve been waiting for Lord?) she was very matter of fact, confident. She knew I needed the surgery and now all of us knew I needed it. We were waiting on Dr Roberts!
We all held hands and prayed at that moment. Knowing God had gathered us together, asking Him to be the eyes and hands of the surgeon and also the “light” that she would need to see inside my scarred belly.
The surgery was the best possible outcome. All that we prayed, he provided!
I am still in the hospital, probably till tomorrow. My sister Ellen arrives on Thursday. I have lots of new things to get accustomed to...scary at first but will soon become routine.
Not sure what the future plans will be. Remember my doctor is somewhere on the beaches of Hawaii. The first step is healing.
Thank you all for your prayers, text, emails, and concerns for all of us. We are so very thankful and grateful to God and to all of you.
Love to you all
Dee Dee
P.S. remember I can’t get “comments” left on this blog. Send notes directly to deedeefincher@gmail.com. I have loved hearing from y’all.
Easier said than done!
By last Monday afternoon, I was having a great deal of abdominal pain. Being the eternal optimist, I expected it to improve by Tuesday....OK Wednesday....maybe Thursday? Nope, it wasn’t going away and so Bruce and I headed to MDA Emergency. Where it was confirmed I had good reason for the pain, a blocked bowel. Which could no longer wait. So, I guess we weren’t waiting for Dr Bevers.
I was an “add in” to the surgery schedule for Friday meaning they would fit me in where they could, when someone was available. I don’t mind telling you I felt pretty alone at that point not having a familiar medical face around me. But I knew God was with me and I still knew He was in control. He had said wait and I knew He would know when to stop waiting.
A doctor who I had met earlier came into my room around noon on Friday and told me, Bruce, Lindsey, Lyndsay and Travis that another of Dr Bevers associates was available then to do the surgery if I wanted. (was this what we’ve been waiting for Lord?) she was very matter of fact, confident. She knew I needed the surgery and now all of us knew I needed it. We were waiting on Dr Roberts!
We all held hands and prayed at that moment. Knowing God had gathered us together, asking Him to be the eyes and hands of the surgeon and also the “light” that she would need to see inside my scarred belly.
The surgery was the best possible outcome. All that we prayed, he provided!
I am still in the hospital, probably till tomorrow. My sister Ellen arrives on Thursday. I have lots of new things to get accustomed to...scary at first but will soon become routine.
Not sure what the future plans will be. Remember my doctor is somewhere on the beaches of Hawaii. The first step is healing.
Thank you all for your prayers, text, emails, and concerns for all of us. We are so very thankful and grateful to God and to all of you.
Love to you all
Dee Dee
P.S. remember I can’t get “comments” left on this blog. Send notes directly to deedeefincher@gmail.com. I have loved hearing from y’all.
0 comments:
Post a Comment