My start to 2017 includes a day at "the spa" also known as Chemoland at M D Anderson.
Yes, we ended 2016 with the knowledge that the cancer had returned :(. The good news is there continues to be a plan and this time no surgery is involved. I have passed "Go" and have headed straight to chemotherapy.
And when today is all over-when the"hydration" is complete and the tubing is tossed, I will put on my big girl panties and walk out of here being grateful, thankful, joyful, and hopeful (May the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in Him so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:3)
Please move me and my family back up on your prayer list. Prayers continue to be the very best medicine!
Love you all,
Dee Dee
Yes, we ended 2016 with the knowledge that the cancer had returned :(. The good news is there continues to be a plan and this time no surgery is involved. I have passed "Go" and have headed straight to chemotherapy.
This is like deja vu for me and my family. Cancer and the recurrence of cancer seem to go together for me in January. God in His infinite wisdom has made remembering these dates for me simple: Jan. 13,2014, initial surgery and Round 1 chemo; Jan. 11, 2016, second surgery and Round 2 chemo;
Jan. 6, 2017 (today) , Round 3 chemo! However, after the first interval, we were expecting that IF there was a recurrence, it would show up in 2018! My plan, not God's. He had a better/different plan for me.
So, this morning at 7 am (our choice...we beat the traffic) I reported to the Mays Clinic at MDA (aka "the mothership") to begin chemo. We are using one familiar drug Carboplatin...which I have had a small reaction to in the past..we will see what today brings, and a new drug Avastin, which the good doc describes as being "well tolerated". And as an added bonus, Avastin replaces the drug Taxol which was the one that caused my hair to fall out. So, I get to keep growing my curly locks which have been working very hard at trying to grow into long locks, and they have a long way to go!
The Bible verse I clung to last year was 1Thessalomians 5:16-18, "Be joyful always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Still one of my favorites, but after my Dec.7th doctor visit and the recurrence was confirmed, I found myself saying "Really! really?" But I knew the answer was " Yes, really!" In all things -for it is His will for me.
So today I went to "the spa" I had requested the facial, mani/pedi package,but it was not available. After all, it is a highly specialized "spa". However, they did insist I take the "super hydration" package, so I have lots of IV fluids running thru lots of tubing! And since candles are not allowed in this particular "spa", I scented my room with the "volcano" room spray which provided the most relaxing ambiance for my magazine reading.
Jan. 6, 2017 (today) , Round 3 chemo! However, after the first interval, we were expecting that IF there was a recurrence, it would show up in 2018! My plan, not God's. He had a better/different plan for me.
So, this morning at 7 am (our choice...we beat the traffic) I reported to the Mays Clinic at MDA (aka "the mothership") to begin chemo. We are using one familiar drug Carboplatin...which I have had a small reaction to in the past..we will see what today brings, and a new drug Avastin, which the good doc describes as being "well tolerated". And as an added bonus, Avastin replaces the drug Taxol which was the one that caused my hair to fall out. So, I get to keep growing my curly locks which have been working very hard at trying to grow into long locks, and they have a long way to go!
The Bible verse I clung to last year was 1Thessalomians 5:16-18, "Be joyful always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Still one of my favorites, but after my Dec.7th doctor visit and the recurrence was confirmed, I found myself saying "Really! really?" But I knew the answer was " Yes, really!" In all things -for it is His will for me.
So today I went to "the spa" I had requested the facial, mani/pedi package,but it was not available. After all, it is a highly specialized "spa". However, they did insist I take the "super hydration" package, so I have lots of IV fluids running thru lots of tubing! And since candles are not allowed in this particular "spa", I scented my room with the "volcano" room spray which provided the most relaxing ambiance for my magazine reading.
And when today is all over-when the"hydration" is complete and the tubing is tossed, I will put on my big girl panties and walk out of here being grateful, thankful, joyful, and hopeful (May the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in Him so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:3)
Please move me and my family back up on your prayer list. Prayers continue to be the very best medicine!
Love you all,
Dee Dee
0 comments:
Post a Comment