Just a short report to let you know that all has gone well today...as of right now.
Bruce and I arrived at the appointed 7 am, but it was still 8 am before they called me back. And yes, the orders were signed! God was reminding me that I need to practice patience, and I was much better, kinder to the staff this time :). Thank you God for the reminder that You have this all planned, even when things run late by my earthly clock but not late by your Godly clock.
And prayer was answered as Titus, RN The Efficient was on duty today and my request to have him as my nurse was granted. Nice! So, I learned something...if you want something, if something matters -ASK. all they can say is no. And it did make for a happier day for me and happy is a good thing when you are in Chemoland...I mean "the spa".
And last but not least, an observations. Baked treats go a very long way in spreading happiness. I brought mini apple muffins for the infusion staff and they were so appreciative. It does not take much to make them happy and I felt good doing something tangible to show my appreciation of them.
The fourth and final bag is now going. This is the full strength Carboplatin, the one that can cause an allergic reaction. But I am feeling good and know this will be fine.
I will try to post later in the week, but I did want you all to know how much I appreciated your prayers today as God continues to protect me from the harmful effects of this toxic but life prolonging juice.
Please continue to pray for protection from the potential chemo side effects: nausea, vomiting, decreased platelets.
Love you all!!!! I/We could not do this without you!
Bruce and I arrived at the appointed 7 am, but it was still 8 am before they called me back. And yes, the orders were signed! God was reminding me that I need to practice patience, and I was much better, kinder to the staff this time :). Thank you God for the reminder that You have this all planned, even when things run late by my earthly clock but not late by your Godly clock.
And prayer was answered as Titus, RN The Efficient was on duty today and my request to have him as my nurse was granted. Nice! So, I learned something...if you want something, if something matters -ASK. all they can say is no. And it did make for a happier day for me and happy is a good thing when you are in Chemoland...I mean "the spa".
And last but not least, an observations. Baked treats go a very long way in spreading happiness. I brought mini apple muffins for the infusion staff and they were so appreciative. It does not take much to make them happy and I felt good doing something tangible to show my appreciation of them.
The fourth and final bag is now going. This is the full strength Carboplatin, the one that can cause an allergic reaction. But I am feeling good and know this will be fine.
I will try to post later in the week, but I did want you all to know how much I appreciated your prayers today as God continues to protect me from the harmful effects of this toxic but life prolonging juice.
Please continue to pray for protection from the potential chemo side effects: nausea, vomiting, decreased platelets.
Love you all!!!! I/We could not do this without you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment