Yep, all white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets cooperated and chemo will be on Monday, March 14. My appointment is for 7:15 AM at the mothership (Bruce's name for the main MDA campus.) I am told it will take 8-9 hours, so I am planning on 10. Better to expect the worse and be pleasantly surprised if all runs on time. My sister Anne is visiting from Phoenix and she insist that there is nothing she would rather do than witness this event, so she is going with me. We are planning activities...like knitting...of which neither of us is very good. And if you think my texting is humorous while on chemo, I cannot imagine what my knitting will look like!
Anne and I have been very busy since she arrived. Wig shopping was top on my agenda, and I am happy to report that I have a new do...or two...and I will be able to soon answer the question "do blondes really have more fun?". Both my sisters have been "blond" most of my life...now it is my turn. If you have to wear a wig, you might as well have fun...right?
So upcoming prayer requests are much like the last request...
That I would successfully be desensitized to the carboplatin.
That God would direct this (and all future) chemo directly to the cancer...even the microscopic cancers that are so tiny only God can see them and that He would protect the rest of my body's tissues and organs
That I would not have any side effects from the chemo OR the neulasta shot (which will now be a part of my treatment plan...which will help regrow the white blood cells that the cancer is destroying)
That I would not lose focus that this is His plan for me and that he would reveal to me the things He wants me to learn through this and how I am to glorify Him through all of this.
Knowing that God is standing with me/us through this provides much joy and peace. And having all
of you to pray with us and to encourage and remind us of His love and provisions...is such a
wonderful gift. Thank you dear friends.
Anne and I are off to Austin for a quick visit with the Callegaris. We have been invited to a tea party by a very special 3...almost 4 year old.
Have a happy weekend. Love you all :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment