Well, not so fast...

What could that mean?

Answer...it was still a good day. I did get my anxiously awaited second chemo. My CA125 did take a nose dive toward the "normal" range...not normal yet, but headed that way
But, BUt, BUT...THIS TIME I REACTED TO THE CARBOPLATIN!!!!!!!
Just as the nurse was unhooking me the final drug, she noticed me scratching my arm and upon further inspection, we discovered a red rash on my arms and tummy. So out came more Benadryl (which I dubbed as my happy hour cocktail since it was 5 pm) followed by a steroid. After observing me for an hour, and feeling confident that I was not going to experience any respiratory problems,  I was sent home. :(

I am not sure what the game plan is, but I am confident that Dr. Bevers will have one. It might be the same drug, with additional drugs given ahead of time to help combat an allergic reaction. Or maybe a new drug. And what I fear is that his new plan will involve a change in the place where I get the infusions...he may send me to the main campus for all further infusions meaning I will loose the convince of having chemo practically in my backyard. But, I need to take this one step at a time and focus on the good things. I know there will be a plan. I know God is in control, and I know I am at the best place I can be to have all the options I need to fight this cancer.

So it was a wonderful day but with a surprise ending. And that is what cancer is all about...there are always surprises, both good and bad. However, I am still going to view today as a WIN!!

Night,night. Love you all!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER