Let me make a few things clear...


First of all, the post yesterday titled "Meant" was NOT written by me, but by my daughter Lindsey. She is the original "communication czar" of this blog (her idea) and now part time theology student.  The depth of her faith and her ability to write about and share with others has been on of the many blessing Bruce and I have received as we walk this journey. God, in His infinite wisdom, meant all this to happen and as a result I have had the wonderful awareness of my family's (Bruce, Lindsey, Rob, Travis, Lyndsay love of and trust in the Lord...even the grandchildren. Awesome. 

Second, the red rash caused by the chemo drug reaction cleared up pretty quickly and without further complications Friday night. That little incident did not even prevent me from going out for my weekly Mexican food fix! (Once a girl regains her appetite, nothing will keep her away from her enchiladas!) 
And I had a GREAT weekend. Once again, NO SIDE EFFECTS FROM THE CHEMO! That is soooo hugh, and I know that is God's protection and I know that He is directing the chemo to kill the cancer cells...the CA125 results showed that, and I know all of this is answered prayer. And then the fact that my lab result was OK enough so that I could get my second treatment...answered prayer.  God even answered the prayers asking that I be given the " right" nurse and the "right" chemo infusion room. Nothing is to small for Him. Thank you prayer warriors. 
I ask that you continue those same prayers for me...protection from the harmful effects of the chemo on my blood cells, protection from the physical side effects of the chemo, continual targeting of the chemo to the cancer and nothing else. These prayers are what keep a smile on my face and they give me joy and peace and thankfulness that all of that keeps me going every day, knowing He meant this cancer for good. 

Third, my son helped me clear up my hairdo. Yep, we completed the second mother-son shave-a-thon  on Saturday. It did not take near as long as last time...much less hair, and I must admit, I was not sad to see the grey hair go. As much as I tried to embrace it, as much as I did love the color, I was not in love with it. So, it is back to the wigs. Although wearing them on a windy afternoon like today is a bit tricky! 

Friends, you are the best. Bruce and I could not do this without each of you. Your love and support means so much to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER