Things to be thankful for...

NEUPOGEN...the white blood cell booster that got my WBC count where it needed to be. Thank you God for the scientist who figured which molecule needed to be where to create this synthetic miracle. From here on out, I will be taking an injection of Neulasta...Neupogen's longer acting big brother following each chemotherapy treatment. Apparently Neulasta  has "guaranteed" side effects :(, but the good news is that it should always stimulate what needs to be stimulated and therefore I should be able to stay on the revised-revised chemo schedule. So, chemo #3 is on schedule for this Thursday!!

MY MOM...who would be 91 today. I am thankful for both of my parents, but it was my mom who made sure we were in church and made sure I grew up in an environment where I knew God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I never doubted there was a God and that He loved me. God was always known to me and I know not everyone can say that. I had it easy. Thank you God for revealing to me what I needed at a very early age.

BLESSING SEEN ON THIS JOURNEY...
     Renewed friendships
     The growing community of friends
      How God cleaned up loose ends for me before I knew where I was going
      Insurance

I AM NOT WONDER WOMAN...I apparently made a reference earlier about not being Wonder Woman and then the communication czar responded with evidence disputing that fact ( pretty flimsy evidence at that).  I have come around to the fact that I am indeed wonder woman - but not the one with superhuman powers.
      I just wonder how I got to be so lucky to be a child of God.
      I do wonder how all this will turn out, but I am confident God knows and I look forward to His plan.
     
Through this experience, I am cultivating a thankful heart. This gratitude enables me to see God's hand in all my circumstances. He is sovereign.

MORALE PROJECT UPDATE...Thank you all. I have enjoyed the cards, pictures of loved ones, pictures of me and friends 56 and 44 years ago, hugs (yes, I did get a hug through the mail), bookmarks, drawings by budding artists, encouraging notes from friends here in Houston, in Austin and in Mission. What a wonderful circle of love and support. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER