Yep, we got it done, even though there were many obstacles today. And yep, I forgot to pray for patience this morning :(. Will I ever learn?
I arrived at my appointed time of 8 am, and was told at that time the orders needed to be signed before they could begin. At 9 am, we were still waiting for the signature, although I did see the doctor arrive at that time. Ok, I am imaging just a few more minutes. But no, it took 45 minutes before I made it back to the infusion room and another 15-30 minutes before they actually started the infusions.
Oh, did I mention that the lights kept going off? Lucky for me, the computers were still up and running and the port is a big "button" that is easy to see, so we were able to get it running without the benefit of overhead lights.
I was able to talk with one of the people in charge and I have a better plan now to try and insure that the next time all is signed off ahead of time. You know I love a plan. Plus I got to nicely? vent my frusrations and so I felt better.
After an hour, the chemo drug got started. That is the Taxol that I had problems with the first time so it always makes me anxious, but all that went very smoothly. Thanks God.
I napped. I woke up with a slightly wet shirt and a wet blanket. My tubing was leaking! (Bio-hazard!) Tubing changed and we continued with the infusion.
After that, all was good..
I will return tomorrow for the Neulasta injection. Please pray that God would minimize the side effects of this necessary medication.
It is a drizzly day, 100% humidity. Ladies, is your hair frizzy? Mine is not!!!!! Just had to say that! There are some advantages to wigs.
Thanks again friends for all your love and support. You are the best...the very best!
Dee Dee
Glad you got thru the halfway mark. I hope you won't have too many side effects from the Neulasta. My main issues were joint pain, weakness and shortness of breath but that was it, at least that I can remember...there's a lot I don't remember.....that blur effect! Will be praying that the drugs are killing anything bad so when this is over you can close this chapter and move forward. Hugs for you both, Gayle
ReplyDelete