Today was the day!

Bruce and I met with Dr. Piha-Paul this morning....and I was correct...well sort of.
The CA 125 continues to trend upward and the CT scan showed a mixed bag...some decreases in tumor size...some increases in tumor size. So, we "paused" the treatment till after I meet with Dr. Bevers tomorrow and have an opportunity to discuss with him all the options. If I decide to stay on the study, I will have my treatment tomorrow afternoon. If I decide to get off the study....well, I am not really sure what that next step will be, but I promise to let you know.

I am very much at peace with this recent development. I was hating the study drugs...hating the fatigue and the way I was feeling. But God sat me down one afternoon and we had a long talk....mostly weighing the pros and cons...and His plans for me. He helped me to see His plan and with that revelation came overwhelming peace.

Thank you all for your prayers and love and support. I/we could never have done this without all of you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the many cards, goodies, hugs, laughs, calls, texts, and most of all your faithful PRAYERS.

with every burden I have carried
with every joy it's understood
life with you is half as hard
and twice as good 
(Sara Groves: Twice As Good)

I promise to update you tomorrow. I see Dr. Bevers tomorrow at 11am. Now I have to go bake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER