The persistent cancer...
Yep! Apparently my 21gun chemo salute to this cancer was not good enough. A CT scan in late July showed "something" and a PET scan confirmed the cancer is still there. The good news is that
Dr. Bevers is calling it persistent and not progressive. Meaning it is there, it can be seen on the PET (it actually lights up), but it is a subtle change-something that is so small it cannot be measured. I am imagining God's hand on it saying "this cancer is not going anywhere". But it is still there.
So until God chooses to heal me of this or takes His hand off of it, I am going back to chemo. This time an oral chemo. Dr. Bevers had spoken to me about this newly available maintenance drug before and I was leaning toward not taking it...mainly due to the cost. But on Friday, God opened door after door and I truly feel this drug is His plan for me. So I start these daily pills on Monday. This IS chemo, and there are many potential side effects, so once again I am asking for your prayers for protection from the harmful effects and that this pill would do what it is intended to do...keep the cancer from repairing itself and stay in the persistent stage and not progress. Truthfully, unless God heals me, this cancer will progress...cancer is very smart...but I pray that it will be many months down the road.
Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." I know this is His plan for me and I know that He is with me in this. I did not get the several month interval I was hoping for...but instead I got a new chapter in this trial...something new...something I know is from God. So I will continue to trust in my creator, my counselor, the one who holds my hand. And with your help...with your prayers...it will all be for good.
Dee Dee
Yep! Apparently my 21
Dr. Bevers is calling it persistent and not progressive. Meaning it is there, it can be seen on the PET (it actually lights up), but it is a subtle change-something that is so small it cannot be measured. I am imagining God's hand on it saying "this cancer is not going anywhere". But it is still there.
So until God chooses to heal me of this or takes His hand off of it, I am going back to chemo. This time an oral chemo. Dr. Bevers had spoken to me about this newly available maintenance drug before and I was leaning toward not taking it...mainly due to the cost. But on Friday, God opened door after door and I truly feel this drug is His plan for me. So I start these daily pills on Monday. This IS chemo, and there are many potential side effects, so once again I am asking for your prayers for protection from the harmful effects and that this pill would do what it is intended to do...keep the cancer from repairing itself and stay in the persistent stage and not progress. Truthfully, unless God heals me, this cancer will progress...cancer is very smart...but I pray that it will be many months down the road.
Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." I know this is His plan for me and I know that He is with me in this. I did not get the several month interval I was hoping for...but instead I got a new chapter in this trial...something new...something I know is from God. So I will continue to trust in my creator, my counselor, the one who holds my hand. And with your help...with your prayers...it will all be for good.
Dee Dee
0 comments:
Post a Comment