Thank you God for your protective hand on this procedure this morning. All things went smoothly, and I thank You for that.
Yep, I got started around 8:45, I had a very efficient nurse (although she did not laugh at a single one of my jokes...very serious and very professional...which is a good thing). I did not "spring a leak" so no bio-hazard for me and I did not turn any shade of red! I rested during the infusion and listened to good music. And I did send some "chemo text" making Lindsey very happy. I even got out of there at 2:30...earliest time ever!!!!and I got my Neulasta shot so I do not have to journey out west on Friday afternoon with all the rest of Houston leaving town for Easter.
Prayer warriors I ask that you pray for my white blood count specifically for the neutrophils. These are the "infection fighting" WBC and they are so very important because if the count drops low, I will be very susceptible to infections. If I were to run a fever, it is very hard to get a handle on the infection, usually resulting in a long hospital stay with IV antibiotics, trying to find one that the infection will respond to. In addition, if I have another low WBC & neutrophil count, we will have to postpone chemo, and I want to do all I can to stay on schedule. So, I will be laying low, washing my hands a lot and trying to run any necessary errands in the early am when stores are less crowded. So, your prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you all have a great Easter celebrating our risen Lord in a way that brings you closer to Him. And I hope you enjoy the gifts He gives all of us, whether it be family, friends or the site of a beautiful sunset and moon. He created all this because He loves us! Awesome!!!
You are awe some also. Love to each of you.
So very happy to hear that all went well today and you don't have to return tomorrow. Rest and have a blessed Easter weekend. So glad we got to visit last weekend...makes me realize how much I miss living in TX. Hugs, Gayle
ReplyDelete