It's the little things...

I heard some great Easter music. Lyrics that spoke to my heart, but I realized I never speak the words to God. "Lord, I need You, oh I need You, every hour I need You."  Yep, I do need God, every moment of every day. I ask him to watch over me, to bless me...but I don't say I need Him. I need to tell Him every day and I will .

Then I read something that spoke to my heart..."May there be sufficient clouds in one's life to make a spectacular sunset." My cancer "cloud" has caused me to see the small things in life that I hold special and dear. This weekend it was having my son close; close enough to grab his face and to kiss him as much as I wanted and him letting me. It was having my son-in-law come put his arm around me and give me a kiss. It was my daughter hugging me as we both sang a song with tears in our eyes. It was my husband just reaching for my hand. The small things have become most important of all.

"What is your blessings come through rain drops, what if Your healing comes through tears, what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near. What if trails of this life are Your mercies in disguise." (Blessings by Laura Story). God has shown me in so many ways that He is near me. Good or bad, He is near me...giving me strength. I am so blessed!

Thank you God for your perfect plan. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Dee Dee!!! Your words are music to my ears! Love you my childhood friend, Trish <3

    ReplyDelete

About Me

DISCLAIMER