Perseverance

The title of the sermon today in church was Perseverance In The Workplace...but all I heard was perseverance through cancer. I believe that word applies to me today and in the future.

I have had a relatively easy road with cancer. In the beginning, I recovered quickly form the initial surgery and headed into chemo determined to beat this disease. I experienced few side effects from the chemo....yes, the hair did fall out and I experienced chemo brain and fatigue, but after a few days I was able to move on...pretty much my old self. And even with each set back, with each recurrence, I was able to move forward with treatment filled with joy and peace and thankfulness. And in May 2019 after eight months on the Phase I drug study (which pretty much ate my lunch) it was determined that the cancer had progressed and I was no longer a candidate for the study. Things started to change.

I have seen a lot of MDA's emergency center the months of June and July for things I cannot control, it is the cancer. And that is why I believe the word perseverance has entered my life. The definition of  Perseverance: steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc. especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. I believe my easy road with cancer is going to become more difficult and maybe filled with an obstacle or two. But I promise it will not be filled with discouragement. Because I want to do what I am to do....what God has asked me to do. And I believe now and have always believed that He is asking me to trust in Him and to be a light for Him. To show the Joy of the Lord even in difficulties because I want to make a difference for Him.

This cancer, this trial, this journey is filled with a purpose...His purpose. And it is not about me...it is about someone else....maybe you reading this blog. God wants a relationship with you, and if He can use my cancer to bring you to Him or closer to Him...then I say "Lord, I am yours to be used as you direct." The same love that He has lavished on me is available to all....we just have to ask Him into our hearts. To believe in His Son, Jesus Christ, and to believe that He died on the cross to take away our sins.

I was in the hospital again this week. They thought I may have another blockage (Really God, shouldn't a person be allowed just one?) I am not sure exactly what I had but after two days of IV fluids and nothing by mouth and then s -l- o- w- l- y advancing my diet, my gut seemed to work it out. But it is scary as I did not do anything that would have caused it...it just happened. So here is a prayer request...that my gut would continue to move smoothly and that I would be able to increase both my food and fluid intake.

I am not sure what the next plan of action will be. I will be meeting with Dr. Bevers and we will discuss. I will keep you posted on that. In the meantime, know that in spite of a few difficulties, I continue to be joyful and thankful and praising God's name. He has never left my side and I continue to be encouraged just be being one of His.

Love to you all,
Dee Dee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER