A close friend called last week to say she was in the hospital with a...BRAIN TUMOR and I felt at a complete loss. She was to far away for me to get to her so I could see her, and I did not want to bother her hourly to get updates as to what was going on...but I wanted to know. And not knowing was terrible. That made me think of y'all, and how you just might want to know what is going on, so here I am.
I am now six weeks into this trial. I am headed to MDA this morning for my bimonthly doctor visit and infusion and I continue to feel fine. I am a bit more tired than I would like to be and I think I have lost a bit of my "sparkle", but those are small things. Instead I focus on all the good things...I am up and about, doing what I want...living a great life. I can't complain (Shocker!! Me not complaining! I wonder if Bruce would agree with that statement?)
November 5th I will have a CT scan to determine the status of the cancer. If the cancer has decreased or remained the same, I will remain on the study. If the cancer has progressed, I will go off the study. Once again...we will wait and see. One step at a time.
Life just keeps rolling along. God is always with us, but sometimes it takes the unexpected for us to reach out for His hand...His guidance...the comfort and peace that only He and His promises can provide.This cancer...this trial...has caused me to reach out and draw upon the Lord's strength. I was reminded in this morning's devotional that any trial should be considered being "touched" by God, helping to ensure that we do not stay complacent...that we don't stay to comfortable for to long. That we stay in touch with Him. What a blessing. He is always reaching out...looking out for us, His children.
The things that I have experienced these last 4+ years have made me strong enough to handle what is in store for the next 4+ years. Thanks be to God.
Stephanie, my friend with the brain tumor has surgery yesterday. The after surgery report was that all went well and she was doing fine. The tumor appeared benign. Please keep her in your prayers.
Love to you all,
Dee Dee
I am now six weeks into this trial. I am headed to MDA this morning for my bimonthly doctor visit and infusion and I continue to feel fine. I am a bit more tired than I would like to be and I think I have lost a bit of my "sparkle", but those are small things. Instead I focus on all the good things...I am up and about, doing what I want...living a great life. I can't complain (Shocker!! Me not complaining! I wonder if Bruce would agree with that statement?)
November 5th I will have a CT scan to determine the status of the cancer. If the cancer has decreased or remained the same, I will remain on the study. If the cancer has progressed, I will go off the study. Once again...we will wait and see. One step at a time.
Life just keeps rolling along. God is always with us, but sometimes it takes the unexpected for us to reach out for His hand...His guidance...the comfort and peace that only He and His promises can provide.This cancer...this trial...has caused me to reach out and draw upon the Lord's strength. I was reminded in this morning's devotional that any trial should be considered being "touched" by God, helping to ensure that we do not stay complacent...that we don't stay to comfortable for to long. That we stay in touch with Him. What a blessing. He is always reaching out...looking out for us, His children.
The things that I have experienced these last 4+ years have made me strong enough to handle what is in store for the next 4+ years. Thanks be to God.
Stephanie, my friend with the brain tumor has surgery yesterday. The after surgery report was that all went well and she was doing fine. The tumor appeared benign. Please keep her in your prayers.
Love to you all,
Dee Dee
0 comments:
Post a Comment