I started this phase 1 clinical trial last week...Tuesday to be exact. I had lab work ( which will be weekly) followed by a doctor visit followed a few hours later by a three hour infusion of ONE of the trial drugs. The infusion was non-eventful except to say I had a wonderful nurse who let me know that in spite of being in the clinical trial area...it was a place filled with HOPE. I will have this infusion twice a month with the same schedule...lab, doctor, infusion.
Wednesday was the start of the SECOND part of this same study, the oral medication. I will ALWAYS take this drug on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday each week with no drug on Saturday through Monday. The Wednesday drug was fine, no problem. But Thursday morning I felt nauseated and had a headache....all of which I blame on the pill. I did throw up one time, took a Tylenol for my head and went back to bed. I awoke one hour later and felt better. Still with a headache, but the nausea was gone. Friday was good except for the lingering headache. I was very happy to see Saturday morning and know that I was off the pills for 4 days.
This was the second week...pills only. Wednesday was fine, but I was dreading Thursday morning. However, I am happy to say that although I was a tad nauseated, that was the extent of my discomfort. I did experience a headache, but the Tylenol came to the rescue once again. Although I was tired today, these are issues I am happy to deal with. Thank you for your prayers. I know that God is protecting me from the side effects.
I will be monitoring my blood pressure and fasting blood sugar daily as these are known side effects. So far, all is good.
That is it. I just wanted y'all to hear my voice and know that all is good and I am doing fine. I find I am feeling "differently" about being on a trial as opposed to a standard treatment of care. I am missing Dr. Bevers and his concern for me and my quality of life and the knowledge of him fighting along side of me. I am not sure if I am "fighting for me" or for the many women who will follow after me. But I continue to be filled with HOPE. I continue to be filled with God's peace...knowing He set all this in motion...for me...to serve Him....for His purpose. I know He is leading me as He walks with me on this journey.
Love you all,
Dee Dee
Wednesday was the start of the SECOND part of this same study, the oral medication. I will ALWAYS take this drug on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday each week with no drug on Saturday through Monday. The Wednesday drug was fine, no problem. But Thursday morning I felt nauseated and had a headache....all of which I blame on the pill. I did throw up one time, took a Tylenol for my head and went back to bed. I awoke one hour later and felt better. Still with a headache, but the nausea was gone. Friday was good except for the lingering headache. I was very happy to see Saturday morning and know that I was off the pills for 4 days.
This was the second week...pills only. Wednesday was fine, but I was dreading Thursday morning. However, I am happy to say that although I was a tad nauseated, that was the extent of my discomfort. I did experience a headache, but the Tylenol came to the rescue once again. Although I was tired today, these are issues I am happy to deal with. Thank you for your prayers. I know that God is protecting me from the side effects.
I will be monitoring my blood pressure and fasting blood sugar daily as these are known side effects. So far, all is good.
That is it. I just wanted y'all to hear my voice and know that all is good and I am doing fine. I find I am feeling "differently" about being on a trial as opposed to a standard treatment of care. I am missing Dr. Bevers and his concern for me and my quality of life and the knowledge of him fighting along side of me. I am not sure if I am "fighting for me" or for the many women who will follow after me. But I continue to be filled with HOPE. I continue to be filled with God's peace...knowing He set all this in motion...for me...to serve Him....for His purpose. I know He is leading me as He walks with me on this journey.
Love you all,
Dee Dee
0 comments:
Post a Comment