Where has the time gone? Time is just flying by! But let's pretend that today is Monday, March 13th...three days after my 4th chemo treatment. Because I wanted to write this post for that day but time got away from me (well, my grandchildren could have had something to do with that...)
So, chemo #4 went beautifully, and it started with the most beautiful pink sunrise in the sky as Bruce and I drove to the med center on Friday, March 10th. I just love the paintings God places in the sky just for us to see. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" We were on time...ready for my 7 am start...unfortunately my orders were not, and we had to wait two hours before I got called back to the "spa". But super efficient Titus, RN was ready for me and he was determined to make it the best day ever...so it was. I got my treatment and that is all that really mattered.
Sunday, March 12th, was another beautiful day. Following our Sunday School lesson, the members of our class surrounded Bruce and I in prayer for healing. It was a wonderful, intimate time being in the presence of our Lord, praising Him, believing that He can and asking that He will heal me of this cancer. What a wonderful start of the week!
Then Monday, March 13th, Jesus Always had this to say. "I am doing a new thing. Be on the lookout for all that I am accomplishing in your life. Ask me to open the eyes of your mind and heart so you can see the many opportunities I've placed along your path. Remember that I can make a way where there appears to be no way. With me all things are possible." Now that is something to read after you have just experienced a mighty "prayer for healing" time. Matthew 19:26 says "Jesus looked at them and said, "with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Now I know this does not mean God will heal me...He may or may not. His will, not mine. But I do know He is with me on this path and that He has given and will continue to give me opportunities...opportunities to glorify Him as we walk together. And that brings such JOY!
And now we have the beautiful season of Spring. Where the flowers are blooming, the trees are their beautiful "new green"color. The birds are singing, baby birds are hatching (in my outdoor speakers), the weather is cool and the mosquitoes are not biting...yet. It is a time of renewal. And as we make space for new annuals in our gardens, let's make sure we make space for God...make time to encounter Him. Let Him work in our hearts and minds. Experience all the beauty God has planned for you. Get alone with Him and talk with Him. Or better yet...just listen. He loves us and has great plans for all of us.
My phoenix sisters Anne and Ellen will be arriving in Texas on Saturday for a week. Anne has wanted to experience Round Top, so that is first on our agenda. Plus I have a few other fun things in store as we travel the Houston, Austin, Round Top route. On Friday, March 31st, they will be visiting with me at the "spa" for my 5th chemo treatment. We might continue with our self-taught knitting (which we started during Round2) or we might make it a "movie day at the spa". But whatever we do, it will be fun as these two girls know how to have fun and they always make me smile.
I am so thankful for family, for prayer warriors and for of you who continue to shower me/us with prayers, love, support, laughter and encouragement. I/we could not do this without all of you.
Love you all, Dee Dee
So, chemo #4 went beautifully, and it started with the most beautiful pink sunrise in the sky as Bruce and I drove to the med center on Friday, March 10th. I just love the paintings God places in the sky just for us to see. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" We were on time...ready for my 7 am start...unfortunately my orders were not, and we had to wait two hours before I got called back to the "spa". But super efficient Titus, RN was ready for me and he was determined to make it the best day ever...so it was. I got my treatment and that is all that really mattered.
Sunday, March 12th, was another beautiful day. Following our Sunday School lesson, the members of our class surrounded Bruce and I in prayer for healing. It was a wonderful, intimate time being in the presence of our Lord, praising Him, believing that He can and asking that He will heal me of this cancer. What a wonderful start of the week!
Then Monday, March 13th, Jesus Always had this to say. "I am doing a new thing. Be on the lookout for all that I am accomplishing in your life. Ask me to open the eyes of your mind and heart so you can see the many opportunities I've placed along your path. Remember that I can make a way where there appears to be no way. With me all things are possible." Now that is something to read after you have just experienced a mighty "prayer for healing" time. Matthew 19:26 says "Jesus looked at them and said, "with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Now I know this does not mean God will heal me...He may or may not. His will, not mine. But I do know He is with me on this path and that He has given and will continue to give me opportunities...opportunities to glorify Him as we walk together. And that brings such JOY!
And now we have the beautiful season of Spring. Where the flowers are blooming, the trees are their beautiful "new green"color. The birds are singing, baby birds are hatching (in my outdoor speakers), the weather is cool and the mosquitoes are not biting...yet. It is a time of renewal. And as we make space for new annuals in our gardens, let's make sure we make space for God...make time to encounter Him. Let Him work in our hearts and minds. Experience all the beauty God has planned for you. Get alone with Him and talk with Him. Or better yet...just listen. He loves us and has great plans for all of us.
My phoenix sisters Anne and Ellen will be arriving in Texas on Saturday for a week. Anne has wanted to experience Round Top, so that is first on our agenda. Plus I have a few other fun things in store as we travel the Houston, Austin, Round Top route. On Friday, March 31st, they will be visiting with me at the "spa" for my 5th chemo treatment. We might continue with our self-taught knitting (which we started during Round2) or we might make it a "movie day at the spa". But whatever we do, it will be fun as these two girls know how to have fun and they always make me smile.
I am so thankful for family, for prayer warriors and for of you who continue to shower me/us with prayers, love, support, laughter and encouragement. I/we could not do this without all of you.
Love you all, Dee Dee
0 comments:
Post a Comment